Monday, May 21, 2007

Quieted Heart

"In quiet whispers of my heart
A gentle voice longs to be heard
Above my loud and anxious thoughts
A soothing tone, a tender word.

It's always there, yet I can't hear
A single work that's spoken there
Until my weary cries give way
To a ready, open list'ning ear.

And then I hear Him softly say,
'Why do you struggle on your own?
When will you learn to trust in Me
Instead of suffering all alone?

Trust in Me with all your heart
You needn't understand.
I'll clear the way as we go
Just hold on to My guiding hand.'

So with each feeble step I take
My trusted Friend leads me along,
And though the way is paved with tears,
When I am weak, then He is strong."

Written by Beth Caldwell

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Written by God
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: