Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Job kind of day

Remember the story of Job in the bible. God allows Satan to test Job. All sorts of trouble and suffering is sent his way as God and Satan watch. Believe me I in no way think I have the same piety as Job but I sure do relate to him.

There was one other time I related to Job. I was in the hospital with a herniated disk. That was the most physical pain I've ever felt. Lately I'm feeling a lot of emotional pain. We received our monthly update from our agency yesterday. In it they mention the government of Ethiopia is considering imposing stricter age requirements for adoptive families. The agency will try to get families already in the process grandfathered in. They also recommend we double apply to other countries. This isn't good news for us because we've been disqualified from a few countries as a result of age requirements. This sucks or as Job said in 6:11,
"What strength do I have, that I should still hope?"
I want to go back to bed pull the covers over my head and pretend it doesn't exist. Instead I'll try to continue to trust or as Job said in 42:2
"I know that you can do all things;
no plan of yours can be thwarted."
This is where I worry whether or not its God's plan for us to adopt. I'm so ready for this to be over with.

No comments: