Monday, September 3, 2007

Play Time

A couple of weeks ago someone sent us these dolls. We have no idea who. Please let us know who sent them so we can thank you. The boys love to play with the dolls. One day when my Mother was over T was playing with the dolls. By the end of the visit T had named them M and Papa. By coincidence this is what they call my mother (M) and father (Papa). I can tell you M and Papa are very well taken care of. T changes their diapers, feeds them and puts them down for naps.

Around the third week home T started to play make believe on his own. After a bit I realized he was mimicking Rick and I. At first I was apprehensive to see how I was doing. After watching T I gained more confidence in my parenting ability. In T's play world he cooks, plays with the dog, changes diapers, goes down for naps, eats, drinks coffee, goes for drives, prays and takes walks. Yup this pretty much covers what I've been doing since being out of work. O ya, my new best friend is Sesame Street. This is the only TV they watch. From 10am to 11 am they watch Sesame Street, eat snacks and I get stuff done.

Week four brought the boys showing jealousy over me. At first this delighted me. I had two sons jocking to have my attention. This was short lived because it is difficult to please them both at the same time. They also starting to fight with each other. I knew T was feeling comfortable at home when he got out of bed during nap time to play.

We have introduced the boys to one of our favorite pass times, hiking. K gets strapped on to my back with a snugly. T walks with his Dad or rides on Dads shoulders. Brady runs and has a blast. On Saturday we went. T tripped over a rock, fell down, went boom, and Mom told the rock it was naughty for tripping T. That delighted T. Later we saw two horses. These frightened the boys. We told them horses were good. For the next two days, over and over we heard T say, "T went boom." "Rock naughty" "Horses are good." Did I mention this was said over and over again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oops, I put the comment under the wrong day. We sent them to the boys. Read below comment.