Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Getting time to write on the blog isn’t as easy as it used to be. Go figure. We’ve settled into a nice routine. We wake up around 6 or 7am. Eat and sing bible songs at breakfast. While I clean up from breakfast the boys play. Then we all get dressed and brush our teeth. We go for a walk. Then more play time. Eat lunch around 11:30am. More play time. Nap time is 1:00-3:00pm. After nap time is more play time. Dinner at 5:30pm. Play time again until 7pm. Then we pray together as a family and read until 7:30pm. (Don’t tell my pastor but reading scriptures puts the boys to sleep.) Most nights by 8:00 pm all boys under 3 years old are asleep in the Wheeler home.

So far it’s not too different from working. At work I found myself saying the same thing over again and again. "Did you document the incident?" "No we can’t terminate without discussing the performance issue first with the employee." "Did you speak to your supervisor about your concerns first before coming to me?"

Now that I'm a parent I find myself saying the same thing over and over again too. Now it’s "T let your brother play with that toy too." "K, don’t put that in your mouth." "T did you get a boo boo? I’m sorry you got hurt." "Do you have to do bubbles?"

Here's our first picture as a family. It was taken the first day we met the boys in Ethiopia. Yes, as you can see I hogged the boys by not letting Rick hold them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture, great to see you all together. With all that play you must both be asleep not long after the boys. Keep the pics coming.