Thursday, March 15, 2007

Waiting for "The Call"


"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
Matthew 21:22




We have all had the experience of hearing a lot about someone whom you have never actually seen but you have a picture in your mind of what they look like. Your imagination paints a picture of what you think they should look like based on little nuances picked up along the way. Only to find out when you meet them, "They don’t look anything like you imagined." Even though most all of us have had this experience. Some how each time it happens we’re still surprised at this mysterious event.

This is one thing I haven’t been doing with Nemo & Nema. We don’t have some of the basics needed for such visionary day dreaming. Sex is a big factor; we don’t know which gender. Age would be an important detail. No, we don’t know the answers to that question either.

One thing I do replay over and over is what will it be like to meet Nemo & Nema for the first time. I imagine snot flying everywhere. I imagine getting frustrated with myself because I’m crying so much I can’t see Nemo & Nema. Its especially worrisome when I envision the event from Nemo & Nema’s point of view. I image the nannies telling them they’re about to meet their forever Mom & Dad. Their excitement mixed with fear. The nanny will say , "There’s Mom, yes Nemo & Nema she’s the one over there whose eyes are all red and has big globs of snot drooling out of her nose." The first words I’ll hear from them are when they turn back to the Nanny and say, "That's my Mom? You have got to be kidding me?"

Then I pray it’s nothing like I imagine.

No comments: