Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

"Now about brotherly love we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other."
1 Thessalonians 4:9
It must have started before but I didn't recognize the change in me until I read how the Islamists wanted to go into Ethiopia to terrorize people. It was the first time I realized I loved Ethiopia. I've read about her and now knew her in a more intimate way. The thought of anyone wanting to bring evil onto to her soil really bothered me. Then yesterday I was watching a Save the Children infomercial and they were showing children in Africa. As I watched the realization of I could be looking at Nemo or Nema came to my awareness. Like many people I've seen those and thought "O those poor people. I'll need to remember them in my prayers." and that was it. I have a connection now to those people through our adoption. I'm not as moved when I hear in other areas of the world of the killing or how people are dieing from the same things as the people in Africa. The difference is my connection with Africa. How can God love the whole world? He created us and you can't get more connected than that. I do believe I'm being taught to love in a new dimension.
Here's a link to an article about Ethiopian Adopting in the US. Click here

2 comments:

Nobody said...

Hey look! I can leave you comments! Cool site. I enjoy all your links and odds and ends. What do you think of my site? Kinda girlie? Boring? I am still trying to figure out how to add cool junk. Like I have time for THAT!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about Ethiopia and learning about child brides. It is such a beautiful place. I can see why you and Rick chose to adopt from Ethiopia. You have so much love to give and these children will be lucky to be placed with your family. GOD BLESS