Sunday, December 17, 2006

Why Nemo-Nema

Why Nemo & Nema? When Rick and I first started on this journey in 2002 we got a little tongue tied when referring to our child. There were so many unknowns. So we decided to use the nickname Nemo. It was our way of knowing whom we were talking about. Sounds better than Kid. The name Nemo became such a part of our vocabulary we’d start to use it when talking with friends. So then we’d explain who Nemo was. When we first started our process with our adoption agency we were told we couldn’t request an infant and an older sibling. So it was just Nemo. This past September when I found out the referral for infants had increased to 12 months from when the dossier was sent to Ethiopia I called the agency program director. During that conversation I found out we could request an infant and an older sibling. Thank you God. So that’s where the two nicknames came from. We don’t know the sex or age of either child. Our request is two siblings, either sex, one or two infants or one child under age 4. So now you’ll know who we’re referring to when we mention Nemo and Nema.

3 comments:

owlhaven said...

Hope you hear some good news soon!

Mary, mom to many including 2 from Ethiopia
http://ethiopia.adoptionblogs.com/

owlhaven said...

Thanks for linking to my Ethiopia blog, btw!

Anonymous said...

Hi
I'm Leisa from Aussieopian Family. I followed the path from my blog to yours. Thanks for linking my blog, glad you enjoy it. Talking about naming your future kids we call our future child/children M'Beki. We don't know if that is a real African name let alone Ethiopian but it is our way of talking about our kids in a familiar way. Merry Christmas and we wish you a children filled new year.