Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Unseen Burial

Before there was a decision to adopt, there was a burial.

This is from the book "Children of open adoption." It is for the unborn child of an infertile couple.
"Today I close the door of the nursery
I have kept for you in my heart.
I can no longer stand in its doorway.
I have waited for you there so long.
I cannot forever live on the periphery
of the dream world we share,
& you cannot enter my world.
I have fought to bring you across the

threshold of conception & birth.
I have fought time, doctors,devils &God almighty.
I am weary & there is no victory.
Other children may someday live in my heart but never in your place.
I can never hold you.
I can never really let you go. But I must go on.
The unborn are forever trapped within the living
but it is unseemly for the living to be trapped forever by the unborn."
by E. Van Clef

No comments: